Pages

Seiko 7a28 dial restoration, part deux



So, I got to cleaning the dial with some alcohol based fluid. It was extremely discoloured and I was really worried that I would ruin it. So, I bought a replacement dial with knackered movement, the dial is black which I think makes a nice Frankenseiko 

The dial was very dirty, like a martini

During cleaning a miracle happened, the dial came back to life!

And back in the case...

Looking good! Except now it was running very badly. So, it needed a clean and oil. I ordered some Moebius Quartz oil, and bit the bullet...

I've removed the anti-magnetic plate and was pretty scared at this point...


The IC and PCB are in pretty good nick, and now I've cleaned out the jewels and re-oiled them the watch is running really well. But, I broke a sub-dial hand taking the dial off, so I'm waiting for a new one in the post...



Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment